Last updated October 11, 2019
1. About Us
We are MyLife, Inc. (“MyLife”, “us”, “we” or “our”), a corporation registered under the laws of the state of Delaware in the United States with its principal office address at 11766 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1800,Los Angeles, CA, 90025, USA,.
2. About Our Services
We believe that the regular practice of mindfulness and compassion is the key to emotional wellness. MyLife provides easy tools and inspiring content to help improve your emotional wellness, every day. We deliver to users (“Users”, “you”, “your”) meditation and emotional wellness tools via the MyLife mobile applications, the MyLife website (currently located at www.my.life), and through any other platform or media through which we may make such services available (the “Services”).
3. About These Terms of Service
4. Changes To These Terms of Service
MyLife may change these Terms of Service from time to time. We will usually inform you of any changes by posting the updated Terms of Service through the mobile applications and on the MyLife website. If we make any material changes to these Terms of Service, we will post a notification through the mobile applications and on the MyLife website and, if you are registered, notify you via your preferred means of contact for such notices (e-mail or text message) and/or by asking you to review the changes to these Terms of Service the next time you access the Services. Your continued use of the Services after the time the changes are communicated will indicate your acceptance of the Terms of Service, including those changes.
5. Your Account
- Eligibility. By creating an account, you represent and warrant that: (i) all required registration information you submit, whether through MyLife or through a Partner Community, is truthful and accurate; (ii) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (iii) if you are a subscriber, your account will be used only by the subscriber, and will not be shared with others outside of the same household.
- Your password. When you register, you will be asked to choose a username and a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and all use of your MyLife account. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another User. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your MyLife account or access to your password.
- Deactivation of account & information retention. MyLife may restrict, deactivate or terminate your access to the Services or your MyLife account if MyLife believes you are in breach of these Terms of Service, You understand that deactivation of your MyLife account by you or by us may remove information from our live databases, but that our servers may maintain certain information for archival or legal purposes.
6. Permitted Use of Services
The Services are made available to you for your non-commercial use only. Organizations are encouraged to make the Services available to individual users under individual accounts. Additional or separate terms may apply to an organizational account. You agree not to use MyLife or any of its content to promote a product or service. You may not modify, reproduce, download, store, distribute, publish, license, or create derivative works from the Services or from the Content. You may not access MyLife in any way that could damage, disable or overburden the Services. You may not use any third-party APIs, software, tools or scripts to access or modify the Services or underlying technology, unless you are authorized in writing by MyLife.
7. License & Intellectual Property Ownership
MyLife grants you the personal, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable right to use the software and technology that is provided as part of the Services for your use in accordance with these Terms of Service. You acknowledge that MyLife owns all right, title and interest in and to the Services, including without limitation, all underlying software and technology, and all other Intellectual Property Rights in relation to the Services, other than that owned by third parties. “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all intellectual property rights existing in any part of the world under applicable law, including without limitation patent law, copyright law, trade secret law, trademark law, unfair competition law, and any and all applications, renewals, extensions and restorations of such rights, now or hereafter in effect worldwide.
The Services contain different types of Content: MyLife Content, Third Party Content and User Content. In all cases, “Content” means any and all text, images, photos, videos, sounds, postings, messages, recommendations, comments, files, feedback, bug reports, or other materials and works of authorship. Each type of Content that you encounter has different rules and restrictions, as set forth below:
- a. MyLife content and ownership. As between MyLife and you, MyLife owns or controls all right, title and interest in the Services and in the Content included within the Services, including its logos, trademarks and all other Intellectual Property Rights it controls (“MyLife Content”).
- b. Third party content. Content from third parties may be displayed to you through and as part of the Services (“Third Party Content”). We do not exercise control over Third Party Content and you agree that we are not responsible for any Third Party Content.
- c. User content and interactions with other users. We do not claim ownership in any Content that you may add to, post on, deliver to, or otherwise make available to the Services through your comments or other features of the Services that may allow you to post or share your own Content (“User Content”) and you may choose to take down Content that you have posted. By posting User Content, you hereby grant to us an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, perform, display and distribute your User Content in any and all media or distribution method (now known or later developed) throughout the world. The licenses granted under this Section will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms of Service for any reason. You may not post a photograph or video of another person without that person’s permission. You are solely responsible for any and all User Content that you post on the Services and for your interactions with other Users. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the User Content posted by you on the Service or otherwise have the right to grant the licenses set forth in these Terms of Service, and (ii) your User Content and the use of it by MyLife as permitted by the license granted in these Terms of Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, Intellectual Property Rights, or other rights of any person.
- d. Content restrictions. You agree not to (i) modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, distribute, perform, sell or create derivative works based on the Content and Services; (ii) rent, lease, loan or sell access to the Services; or (iii) decompile, reverse engineer or copy any Content (other than the Content you post) or the Services. You also agree to not remove, obscure or alter MyLife’s or a third party’s copyright notice, logos, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within the Services. You will not interfere with, disrupt or create an undue burden on the Services or the networks or services connected to the Services.
- e. Prohibited content. You agree that you will not post or share through the Services any Prohibited Content. “Prohibited Content” includes, without limitation, Content that: (i) is offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind; (ii) harasses or advocates harassment of another person; (iii) involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”; (iv) is false, misleading, libelous, defamatory or promotes, endorses or furthers illegal activities; (v) infringes the Intellectual Property Rights of another person; (vi) is involved in the exploitation of persons under the age of eighteen (18) in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under thirteen (13); (vii) contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, spyware, malware or other harmful content or code; or (viii) otherwise violates applicable law, the terms of these Terms of Service or potentially creates liability for MyLife. Any accounts posting, hosting or recommending Prohibited Content are subject to termination. We reserve the right to remove Content or links to Content that we determine in our sole discretion is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable. We also reserve the right to remove Content that we determine in our sole discretion is primarily intended to promote a product or service. We have the right (but not the obligation) to investigate or review any Content and delete (or modify) any Content that in our sole judgment violates these Terms of Service or which is Prohibited Content, or may otherwise violate the rights, harm or threaten the safety of any User or any other person, or create potential liability for us or any User.
9. Copyright Policy
MyLife respects the Intellectual Property Rights of creators. If you believe that your work has been displayed, posted, copied or included within the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please first check to see if the work originated from a third party service. You may notify such third party service directly about alleged copyright violations. For all other copyright notifications, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) a digital or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services; (iv) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Contact information for our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is as follows:
Attn: Copyright Agent
11766 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1800, Los Angeles, CA, 90025
We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing in our sole discretion and without notice. It is our policy to terminate the account of any User who repeatedly is accused of infringing copyrights.
10. Subscription Services & Other Charges
Certain features of the MyLife Service may require a subscription which may be charged in advance or periodically, according to the plan you selected when you began your subscription (the “Subscription Services”). Other features may allow for purchases of premium Content. Your payment may be charged directly by MyLife through its payment processor, or through your mobile application provider, in which case you should look to the provider’s terms regarding in –app payments.
- a. Your subscriber account. If you purchase Subscription Services, you agree that your subscription is personal to you and the members of your household, and you may not share your account and password with others. Any such sharing by you of your account and password is a violation of these Terms of Service and may result in the cancellation of your subscription without refund. Most subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of the subscription period with a charge to the credit card that MyLife has on file for you, or through the payment provider you have chosen. For an annual subscription, you will be notified in advance of that renewal. For all subscription plans, if you do not wish your subscription to renew, you may cancel at any time through your account. MyLife will not refund any unused or inadvertently renewed subscriptions, and it is always within MyLife’s sole discretion whether to grant any refunds.
11. Your Breach of These Terms of Service
Any breach by you of these Terms of Service may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Services and deactivation of your account, along with the cancellation of your subscription, if applicable.
12. Legal Obligations
In order to cooperate with legitimate government or regulator requests, subpoenas or court orders, to protect our systems and Users, to protect the property and rights of MyLife or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable, we may access and disclose any information and Content we consider necessary or appropriate, including, without limitation, account information, device ID, IP address, usage history and other information and data.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. MYLIFE MAKES NO CLAIMS WHATSOEVER ABOUT ANY MEDICAL OR HEALTH BENEFITS FROM THE USE OF THE MYLIFE SERVICES AND DOES NOT PURPORT TO GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE. NO DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BY YOUR USE OF THE MYLIFE SERVICES. MYLIFE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. MYLIFE DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AVAILABILITY, QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE CONTENT AND THE SERVICES. MYLIFE DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM YOUR VIEWING OF THE CONTENT AND USE OF THE SERVICES, AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE ANY BENEFIT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU VIEW THE CONTENT AND USE THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. Some states or other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state and jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
14. Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall MyLife be liable to any User in connection with that User’s use or misuse of the Content or the Services. Such limitation of liability shall apply to prevent recovery of indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, and punitive damages whether such claim is based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise (even if MyLife has been advised of the possibility of such damages). This limitation of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from use or misuse of and reliance on the Content or Services, from inability to use the Content or Services, from any claim relating to the user of the Content or the Services, or from the interruption, suspension, or termination of the Content or Services. Some states or other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
You hereby release us, our officers, employees, investors, agents and successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, emotional distress, death and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from (i) any interaction you have with other Users, (ii) your use of the Services or (iii) your participation in any offline events. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold MyLife, their officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Content or Services or your violation of these Terms of Service.
Your interaction with other Users on the Services or with third parties, including any payment or delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the other User, advertiser or third party. You agree that MyLife will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such dealings or with respect to any third party’s use or disclosure of your personal information that you make available to them. If there is a dispute between you and any third party (including any User), we are under no obligation to become involved and you agree not to involve us unless we request otherwise in writing; however, we reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users or third parties.
18. Third Party Services and Partner Communities
The Services may contain links to third party applications, websites or services, and also may be accessed via a plug-in through third party applications, websites or services (“Third Party Services”). We may also enable sharing and interoperability to Third Party Services, Partner Communities and other Users or use other means that allow you to connect the MyLife Services to Third Party Services, Partner Communities and other Users. You use all such connections to Third Party Services and Partner Communities at your own risk. To the extent such links are provided by us, they are provided only as a convenience and do not imply our endorsement of or affiliation with such Third Party Service or Partner Community. While we will always strive to select the best partners, we accept no responsibility for the quality, content, policies or reliability of Third Party Services or Partner Communities or for links back to the MyLife Services. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, for any Third Party Services or Partner Communities and should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate and choose appropriate settings for sharing your personal information before proceeding with any interaction with a Third Party Service or Partner Community.
If you have comments on the MyLife Services or ideas on how we might improve, please contact us at email@example.com. If you submit any comments or ideas to us, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license under any and all Intellectual Property Rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the comments and ideas for any purpose. The licenses granted under this Section shall survive the termination or expiration of these Terms of Service.
20. Initial Resolution of Questions or Disputes
If you have any questions or concerns about the Services or these Terms of Services, we strongly encourage you to first contact us firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
For any claim where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000 (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief), either party may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: (i) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; (ii) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and (iii) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Any dispute resolution proceedings, whether in arbitration or court, will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class or representative action or as a named or unnamed member in a class, consolidated, representative or private attorney general legal action.
22. Law and Jurisdiction
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND ANY ACTION RELATED THERETO WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, CONSISTENT WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAW OR OTHER PRINCIPLES THAT PROVIDE FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW OF ANOTHER JURISDICTION. THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS AGREEMENT.
23. Miscellaneous Provisions
If for any reason a court finds any provision or portion of this Terms of Service to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect. The provisions of these Terms of Service that by their nature are continuing will survive any termination. This Terms of Service is the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Services and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous communications or agreements, written or oral. Any waiver of any provision of these Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by MyLife.